Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Last Night

On September 8, 2009, I had to say goodbye to my love, Linda Louise (Loo) Spinelli. Last night, February 8, 2010, I was working at my computer and had what you may call a paranormal experience. I wasn’t doing anything special or important, just moving from one project to another giving things a simple glance or a quick read instead of serious thought. While I had been thinking about Linda earlier in the evening, I was doing “stuff” that, at least temporarily, blocked her from my mind. Suddenly I was enveloped by an incredible sense of warmth and love, and the scent of perfume filled the air around me. It wasn’t any perfume, but my wife’s perfume – Odyssey by Avon. The perfume had a unique scent when Linda wore it. It was the same as from the bottle, and yet different…something unique to her. I’m sure chemists would say that subtle changes in odor are due to the perfume’s reaction to body chemistry and other factors, but when you are with someone for nearly 20 years (married 16+), you notice these little nuances. I basked in the moment for some seconds and actually said aloud, “Oh, you’re here.” I felt love… her love, something that I had missed for more than five months. It was an incredible experience, and it is something I sincerely wish that everyone who lost someone close to them, like a spouse, a child, or brother or sister, could experience. Why that experience occurred last night, on the same day and at the same time as when I lost her, I don’t know… but I sure hope it happens again.


Last Night You Came Home

February 8, 2010


I wasn’t thinking of you when you stopped by.

The girl that I lost, and still wonder why.


I wasn’t dreaming, as too often I do,

But when you stopped by-- I knew it was you….


Again I had that feeling of joy and of love,

A gift not of earth, but from God up above.


Your perfume did surround… it enveloped me.

Your presence I felt, but could not see.


Five months ago today you left those you love,

And went home to your parents, and to God’s love.


But you came back tonight… at 10:02,

The same time I lost my Linda Loo.


Yes I knew you were there, right at my side

My girl, my love, my friend, my bride.


Yes, my girl came home to me last night….

And for a brief moment, everything was all right.


But those feelings left as quickly as they came,

My loss would return… life was still the same.


But your perfume, it lingered; that part was real,

Reminding me of the joy, and the loss I now feel.


So, Linda please stop by in the day, or even at night

For it gives me great peace… to know you’re all right.


And while we can’t touch, I know that you care,

It’s your presence I feel, and the love we still share.


I treasured your visit, though it was too brief.

It came as a whisper, and left as a thief.


And while my heart remains empty and broken in two,

It beats with a longing for my Linda Loo.


And for one moment…one shining, glorious moment

You were here…

And I was happy again.

1 comment:

  1. Ron, that's awesome and amazing. She's still with you, and she came to let you know. She's your guardian angel, and you will see her again, if you watch carefully and maintain your awareness. I'm so glad she came and warmed your heart again. Love is eternal.

    ReplyDelete